Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh Wow

So I was watching a commercial for a new show coming out on Animal Planet, its called Hillbilly Handfishin’.   Yes, Hillbilly Handfishin’, and it is exactly what you think it is.  A bunch of people (hillbillies) playing around in dirty, nasty looking creeks catching fish with their bare hands.  You would think it would be a bunch of gross old men, but in the commercial I saw, they had a few younger women in the water too.  I don’t get it.  The water looks gross, fish are gross, and it seems like you are making fishing a much harder task than it needs to be.  Why would you not want to sit on a nice clean and dry boat and wait for a dumb fish to catch your bait?  Oh wait, I can get filthy dirty, swim around in nasty water, and grab around like a crazy person trying to catch a fish with my bare hands, please let’s choose the second option.  Gross!  Not to mention, it seems like more often than not, you are not actually going to get the fish with your hands, pretty sure they can move quicker than us.  I want to know who does this…and who at Animal Planet thought “Hmmm…hillbillies catching fish with their bare hands…I’m going to make a TV series out of it!”  So yes, I will probably end up watching at least 1 episode.

*http://animal.discovery.com/tv/hillbilly-handfishin/

No comments:

Post a Comment