Thursday, July 14, 2011

Try, Try Again

I try to cook, I really do.  I can bake, but cooking is just not my thing.  I tend to go in spurts.  I will have a week or two where I try all these different recipes and all these new things we have never eaten before.  Then I end up falling back into my staple foods.  You know…spaghetti, tacos, chicken, blah, blah, blah.  It’s not that we are even picky eaters, we eat most everything.  It does make me feel a little inept because I can’t cook well.  Most people tell me it’s a good thing that I can bake, because that’s the better food!  But my husband isn’t a big sweet eater, and my daughter has an egg allergy.  Both of those issues pose a problem with the one thing that I am actually decent at.  I wish there was some way I could transfer my knowledge on how to get the perfect texture cookie to equal not burning and drying out chicken every time I cook it!  But it doesn’t work that way.  At least my family is supportive.  My husband rarely tells me he doesn’t like something.  Even my daughter will choke it down, while gagging like she is going to throw up, she’ll still be telling me how good it is and how much she likes it.  I guess if everyone will choke down my cooking, it must be good enough, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment