Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My life in a bag

Everyone has vices.  Mine are purses.  I love them.  Getting a new one makes me happy and brightens my day.  It’s like Christmas morning when you get to empty out your old purse contents and rearrange them into your new purse.  I think my purse contents are getting a little out of hand, but I can’t seem to go back.  The more stuff I put in there, the more I find I need.  Once something goes in the purse, it can’t come back out.  It somehow magically turns into something that I couldn’t possibly not carry around all day every day.   I think you can probably see where I am going with this.  My purses are getting too big.  I want to carry the cute little small purses, I really do.  They are cute, not heavy, and cheaper than the big bags.  But there just doesn’t seem to be any way I could pull it off with all the stuff I “need”.  My problem now is that the hoarding going on in my purse is starting to transfer to my daughter’s diaper bag.  I am finding excuses to keep so many things in there that I most definitely do not use on a daily basis, and to be honest, probably not even on a weekly basis.  But I can’t take anything out, because as soon as I do, I will need it!  So now I carry around an overflowing purse AND diaper bag.  I’m sure I’m doing damage to my back, but there just doesn’t seem to be any other way, I need to be prepared for everything.  You will thank me some time when we are out and you need nail clippers, bobby pins, or a clip to hang your new purse off the table so it doesn’t have to sit on the dirty floor.  You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment