Monday, July 18, 2011

3 going on 23

I am very disappointed with children’s clothes designers.  My older daughter has recently moved up to the “girls” size clothes rather than toddler size.  Looking at the options, it seems that they were all created for young 20 year olds.  I personally don’t want my daughter dressing provocative, not at the age of 3, or even the age of 10 for that matter.  I know that styles are changing, but since when is it cool to look trashy??  I just want my 3 year old to dress like..well, a 3 year old.  Why can’t they make the cute toddler style clothes just in bigger sizes?  It seems like all the clothes are either kind of slutty looking or just plain t-shirts with decorations that are either not cute, or something I wouldn’t want her wearing.  I can’t really remember what I wore when I was 3, but I have to imagine it was cute little dresses, or jumpers, not mini-skirts and tube tops.  If my husband would even allow me to put those outfits on her, I would feel like one of those moms on Toddlers and Tiaras, or the moms who buy their kids the push-up bikinis from Abercrombie.  Apparently my decision to not dress my daughter like she is going out clubbing is going to require searching for cute clothes or for me to buy a sewing machine and learn to sew…which might not end well either!

No comments:

Post a Comment