Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baby Timer

Okay baby timer company, you are obviously mom’s, and you must have had babies that like to be awake at all hours of the night.  This timer is one of the best investments I have made.  It worked wonders with my older daughter when I was exhausted during the night and couldn’t remember anything about anything, but now with my youngest, I have realized how completely dependent I have become with this contraption.  For those of you that don’t have one, or don’t have kids, I will do a little explaining.  To start, babies wake up to eat, a lot, and that doesn’t stop during the night.  Not only are you supposed to get everything done that you usually do, you also have to factor time in to feed your baby (in my case, every 2 ½ - 3 hours during the day, depending on her mood…yes I realize this is a lot, but if you know her father, you understand) and remember the times for everything.  So the way this timer works, is that you push a button that starts a timer so you know when you last fed/changed diaper/etc for your child.  So how did I come to realize I apparently no longer look at a clock and have become dependent?  When after my daughter was screaming like crazy acting like she wanted to eat, I’m telling her “it’s not time yet” (which of course is completely rational, I know that a 2 month old understands logic!)  So I go to look for the timer, because I actually couldn’t remember if it was time to for her to eat or not, time has turned into a blur.  I pick it up, and every time on it reads 26 minutes…..damn it!!  I left the lock turned off and my older daughter pushed all the buttons!  Now what do I do??  I have no idea if it has been 30 minutes, or 3 hours!  I don’t want to be the bad mom that starved my infant, so I feed her just in case….she wins.  Life lesson…..turn on the lock for the timer.



No comments:

Post a Comment