Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Really Disney, Really??

So I read that Disney is not going to make anymore “princess” type movies.  I don’t remember where I read it, but I did.  They are going to focus more on the movies like “Prom” to appeal to more kids.  I am very, very disappointed in you Disney.  I love all the Disney movies from my childhood!  Beauty & The Beast, The Lion King, Aladin…I can go on and on.  I think there is so much out there that is forcing our kids to grow up too fast as it is, I don’t want my kids watching “Prom”.  Not only is the content not appropriate for most children that watch it, but do we really want our kids watching a movie that is telling them that prom is such a big deal?  I don’t.  News flash everyone….prom is not what is important about school!  I wish all the media would stop encouraging our kids to grow up so fast, it is just sad.  Don’t get me wrong, I love all the stupid reality shows like Real World and 16 and Pregnant.  But I am an adult (apparently), and I know what those people are doing on those shows is crazy and dumb, but all the young kids growing up don’t know that.  I was relying on Disney to provide entertainment for my kids when I need to get things done around the house, or to be honest, when I just want a little “quiet time”.  I guess I will have to fall back on the classics on DVD, or hope that Pixar keeps cranking out some goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment