Thursday, August 25, 2011

I don't trust you

So this morning on the news there were 3 different people being charged for sexual assault against children in Michigan.  And I also read about another charge up north about a dad molesting his own 3 month old daughter and killed her in the process!  WTF??  What is wrong with our world!?!?  I can’t take it anymore.  I hate that I have to worry about sick people that would do anything to innocent little children.  I also hate that I have to have lingering doubts about any person that comes into my daughters lives about if they are safe with them.  The news also talked about ways to talk to your child about this issue, and I thought it would be dumb advice, but it was actually okay.  It said to discuss with them what their private parts are (which I have already done), but then it also said to teach them never to keep secrets.  They said even doing something as little as “oh, we can get ice cream, but it’s our little secret, don’t tell your Dad” is bad.  They said that most kids that get molested don’t tell anyone because the person tells them it is their secret, and that 93% of sexual abuse crimes are commited by a person the child knows.  All this stuff just makes me want to take my girls and go live in a hole somewhere where they will be safe!  I don’t remember worrying about any of this when I was young, or my parents talking to me about anything.  I don’t know if times are changing, or if it was always this bad.  So sorry any friends or future friends of my girls, your parents are going to get put through the ringer before either of my girls will be left anywhere alone with you, that’s just the way it’s going to have to be!  You may think that we are just all going out to dinner together, but really it’s a scrupulous interview to determine what type of people you are J

No comments:

Post a Comment