Thursday, August 4, 2011

I blame their father

So, I think I am the only one who has this problem…my kids don’t sleep.  When Kenna was a baby, we blamed it on her colic, then on her alertness, and then on her smartness (“She is just too into everything, too smart to waste her time sleeping”).  When she took 2-3 naps, they were always really short, and she dropped those to the one per day.  Everyone told me, “oh, now that she is down to one nap, it will be like a 2-3 hour one”..Nope!  The little stinker only took like one 1 hour nap a day.  Ok, fine, so this one just isn’t a sleeper.  Well now with Brinley, I was hoping I would have my little sleeper, you know, the one that just wants to cuddle for an hour in the morning to wake up.  But I fear that is not the case.  She is already cutting all her naps short, going to bed late, and waking up talking at 4:30-5am ready to be up for the day.  Are you kidding me???  Both of them??  I like sleep, I am not a morning person.  I like to lay around in my PJ’s and drink coffee for a good hour in the morning, you know, ease into my day.  Not the rest of my family.  This is where I blame their father.  He brags about not needing much sleep.  He will get up and go exercise at 4am after getting 4 hours of sleep and will be fine.  He wakes up full of energy and ready to start the day, he is definitely a morning person.  This is why my girls turned out the way they did…it’s got “DAD” written all over it.  I guess if it has to be this way, at least they all wake up happy, laughing, and talkative!  I can take that over the sound of an alarm clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment